Alaska Minor Child Power of Attorney Form

The Alaska Minor Child Power of Attorney is for parent(s) who need to give up custody of their child for a specified amount of time; commonly because the parent(s) will be leaving on a military deployment, will be spending time incarcerated, or will be receiving medical care. The individual appointed to taking care of the child is called the “Attorney-in-Fact,” or more commonly, the “Agent.” Alaska Statute 13.26.066 allows the parents to revoke the Agent’s power of the child at any time for any reason.

State Laws & Signing Requirements

State Laws – Protection of Minors and Incapacitated Persons and Their Property; Powers of Attorney

Signing Requirements (§ 13.26.066) – The parties to an Alaska Minor Child Power of Attorney—the parents and their elected Agent—must both sign the form before a Notary Public.