Hawaii Minor Child Power of Attorney


The Hawaii Minor Child Power of Attorney, also referred to as a Child Care Power of Attorney, allows parents or guardians to transfer legal guardianship of their children to another party, such as a grandparent or a close friend, for a period of up to one (1) year. This form is usually used so that parents or guardians can prepare for circumstances when they are unable to exercise their duty of care over their children. There are many reasons these circumstances may transpire, of which may range from personal to business obligations.

State Laws & Signing Requirements

State Laws – Uniform Power of Attorney Act

Signing Requirements (§ 551E-3) – In accordance with state law, the signatures of the parents or guardians must be notarized by a Notary Public.