New Hampshire Minor Child Power of Attorney Form

No rating yet

The New Hampshire Minor Child Power of Attorney Form is a document that provides a written framework for a parent or guardian to provide specific details about an arrangement whereby they will grant temporary guardianship to another party. The party, legally referred to as the Agent, will be responsible for providing care to their child/ren in the manner and in the occasions they have stated in the form. For example, they may be bestowed the legal right to organize appointments, administer medication, or take the child/ren to and from school in the parent’s absence.

State Laws & Signing Requirements

State Laws – Uniform Power of Attorney Act

Signing Requirements – There is an important distinction in the law between the signing requirements for a General POA vs Durable POA.

The provision § 564-E:105(a) outlines that in cases where the parents/guardians want the powers granted to the Agent to discontinue if they become incapacitated (i.e. they will make a General Minor Child POA), they will need a Notary Public to view them sign it and sign a disclosure statement (that can be found in § 564-E:105) and affix this statement to the POA.

The provision § 564-E:105(c) outlines that in cases where they want the powers to continue if such an event transpires (i.e. they will make a Durable Minor Child POA), they will only need to ensure a Notary Public is present at the time they sign the form.