New Hampshire Firearm Bill of Sale Form


A New Hampshire firearm bill of sale form logs the happenings of a gun transaction. It reveals the names and personal information of the buyer and seller while also describing the weapon(s) transferred. By referencing the document, individuals can discover the sale date, purchase price, and payment method. In addition, the signatures of both parties verify that each party consented to the disclosure section and followed all gun sale laws in the state.

What is a New Hampshire Gun Bill of Sale?

A New Hampshire gun bill of sale names the terms and conditions of a firearm reassignment. Ownership changes from one person to another with the form authorizing the swap. Since private sales do not include a standard receipt, the bill of sale serves as a substitute. Therefore, the document becomes especially valuable when carrying out a non-dealer transaction. It also gives both parties certified proof of the change in possession.

Do I Need a Pistol Permit in New Hampshire?

Residents do not need a pistol permit to open or concealed carry in the state if they are over the age of eighteen (18). However, gun holders can decide to obtain a permit for reciprocity purposes. Reciprocity means that the state recognizes the New Hampshire firearm permit, thus allowing the person to carry a gun within their jurisdiction.

On the other hand, non-residents need a license to use or have weapons within state borders. New Hampshire does not accept out-of-state permits, regardless of the issuing jurisdiction. Individuals carrying without a license are subject to fines and penalties.

How Do I Obtain a Gun License?

Before entering the state, the non-resident must complete a Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License Application (Form DSSP260). The document requires the individual to provide their name, mailing address, driver’s license number, social security number, and phone number. They must also enter other personal information, such as their birth date, birth location, height, weight, hair color, eye color, sex, race, current occupation, employer, and the employer’s address.

The person applying must disclose whether they have felony charges, addictions, mental health concerns, or domestic violence convictions. They also have to explain why they need the license and provide their current documentation from their state (if applicable). If their state does not issue permits, they need to submit a signed letter from their local police department explaining their local laws and indicating the individual’s legal ability to have a gun (Saf-C 2102.03).

The application costs $100. Payments sent by check must be made payable to the “State of N.H. – Treasurer.” If approved, the out-of-state permit lasts for five (5) years. Individuals must renew within thirty (30) days of the expiration date. Otherwise, they must go through the new applicant process.

Mailing Address:
N.H. State Police
Permits and License Unit
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305