Arkansas Roommate Agreement
The Arkansas Roommate Agreement is a one (1) page form completed between tenants living in the same rented property. Much like a typical lease agreement between a landlord and tenant, the contract lays out when the roommates are required to make payments, what percentage of the utilities they will cover, guest policies, rules regarding pets, and many other conditions which can be specific to the situation. The landlord is typically absent from any of the conditions contained within the agreement – if conflict were to arise between the tenants, it is up to them to come to terms and resolve the situation on their own.
Included in the Form
Although short, the agreement covers a comprehensive amount of information and topics, of which includes:
- Which utilities (if any) the roommates agree to share. Includes gas, electric, water/trash, cable, internet, lawn care, and an “other” field for specifying utilities not mentioned.
- A section on moving out (states whichever roommate leaving the rental is still obligated to make payments).
- Policy on guests.
- Quiet time (both weekdays and weekends).
- A statement regarding pets.
- Rules regarding personal property.
- The signatures of the roommates (and the signing dates)
For Use in College
The agreement can also be used for university and college students attending school in Arkansas. The form gives students housed in the same dorm (or campus apartment) a convenient method for encouraging harmony between those sharing a space. For any fields that don’t apply, they can be left blank or crossed out.