Michigan Sublease Agreement


A Michigan Sublease Agreement provides you (a tenant currently renting a space), with the ability to recruit a new tenant into your rented room, apartment, or home, allowing you to move-out without needing to continue making rental payments. You can only do this if you have spoken with your landlord and received permission to do so, OR if the lease permits it (or doesn’t specifically restrict it). Even if it’s not mentioned, getting on the same page with the landlord is highly recommended to avoid stressing about it later on. When using the form, you are known as the “sublessor” and the new tenant(s) are known as the sublessee(s). To get more information on subleasing in Michigan, check out the Subleasing excerpt taken from the “Practical Guide for Tenants and Landlords,” which was created by the Michigan Legislature.