Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney Form

The Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney (POA) is an agreement that states the permissions a motor vehicle owner will give to a party of their choosing (their Attorney-in-Fact) to act on their behalf. The acts the Attorney-in-Fact may carry out for them must be connected to the motor vehicle that is the subject of the POA. The motor vehicle owner may authorize the Attorney-in-Fact to deal with matters pertaining to their vehicle title, registration, and any other standard motor vehicle affairs (of which can be found listed in the form provided here).

State Laws & Signing Requirements

State Laws – Uniform Durable Power of Attorney Act

Signing Requirements (§ 58-1072.2)  A Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney that is durable (meaning it will not be affected in the slightest by the Principal’s incapacity) needs to be signed by the motor vehicle owner. The signing needs to be completed in view of two valid witnesses, who are also required to sign the form.

If, however, the POA is not durable (meaning that it be terminated if the Principal becomes incapacitated) there are no specific signing requirements that need to be adhered to. Nevertheless, it is favorable for the Principal to follow the same procedure stated above.

Sample Template